Working from home might be something that is new for a lot of people. Working from home might also been something that we have to do for much longer than we thought.
Here are some of the habits that you might need to ‘knock out the window’ to ensure that you are as successful as possible while working from home.
1. Dishes, cooking, laundry… It is so easy to get distracted and do a quick job around the house that can easily turn into an hour and a half of house work! If you plan to do something around the house as a break for the brain, try to set a timer so that you do not get carried away.
2. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Everyone has productive days and less productive days, so don’t worry if you have a day where you can’t tick off everything on your to-do list. Allow yourself to recharge and come back fighting the next day!
3. Don’t work in your bedroom. You may thing that your bedroom is a calm and quiet place, but you also might find yourself looking round the room thinking for stuff you should do (I just need to make my bed or I’m just going to put those clothes away). If possible, try to set up a desk area at a table where you are less likely to get distracted.
4. Stick to your schedule. When working from home it is easy to stay ‘I’ll take a longer break now and work a till later tonight’. Try to have set work and non-work hours so that you maintain a good work life balance
5. Don’t give yourself lie-ins or PJ days. Try to treat working from home like you are working at the office. Wake up, clean, dress up and go and sit at your ‘desk’. Try to do ‘normal stuff’ during your work hour and make sure you finish work at your normal time
Each day I do at least fifteen minutes of mindfulness to start off my day before I go downstairs to my laptop or in to the office. Why?Read More
What will private and NHS healthcare look like after Covid-19?Read More
Last summer I finished my A-levels in photography and business diploma. After two hard years of work I had come out of school with anA and two B’s. Knowing what job you want to do is...Read More