This week is a blog from our newest recruit, Naomi Wheeler. She joined us in October 2019....
Last summer I finished my A-levels in photography and business diploma. After two hard years of work I had come out of school with anA and two B’s. Knowing what job you want to do is such a hard decision to make, and was something that took me a while to decide.
At the start of October, I started work experience with 2xN so that I could get a feel for the world of marketing. Nearly a year later and it has turned into my first proper job. Here are some of the lessons that I have learnt along the way!
1. Don’t be afraid to ask for help – no one knows everything, so it is ok to ask for help, especially when you starting a job that you know nothing about!
2. Self-growth – I think that everyone can agree that the transition from school to work is a big step. I have noticed that I have become a lot more independent and matured a lot
3. Check your work – I don’t always get everything right the first time; no one does. Reading through your work is essential to ensure that you have a high-quality end product. If you still are sure on your work get one of your colleagues to have a look with a fresh eye!
4. Learn from the rest of your team – it is likely that your team around you will have more experience in the job; use this to your advantage.
5. Take opportunities to grow – watch your colleagues and learn from them. I have learnt how to build a website and run multiple social media arounds, along with much more!
Each day I do at least fifteen minutes of mindfulness to start off my day before I go downstairs to my laptop or in to the office. Why?Read More
What will private and NHS healthcare look like after Covid-19?Read More
In the current modern business world, new ways of staying connected with people are always being sought after, and this has never been more important than now. More and more businesses are...Read More