This week is a blog from our newest recruit, Naomi Wheeler. She joined us in October 2019....
Last summer I finished my A-levels in photography and business diploma. After two hard years of work I had come out of school with anA and two B’s. Knowing what job you want to do is such a hard decision to make, and was something that took me a while to decide.
At the start of October, I started work experience with 2xN so that I could get a feel for the world of marketing. Nearly a year later and it has turned into my first proper job. Here are some of the lessons that I have learnt along the way!
1. Don’t be afraid to ask for help – no one knows everything, so it is ok to ask for help, especially when you starting a job that you know nothing about!
2. Self-growth – I think that everyone can agree that the transition from school to work is a big step. I have noticed that I have become a lot more independent and matured a lot
3. Check your work – I don’t always get everything right the first time; no one does. Reading through your work is essential to ensure that you have a high-quality end product. If you still are sure on your work get one of your colleagues to have a look with a fresh eye!
4. Learn from the rest of your team – it is likely that your team around you will have more experience in the job; use this to your advantage.
5. Take opportunities to grow – watch your colleagues and learn from them. I have learnt how to build a website and run multiple social media arounds, along with much more!
When we ask our clients whether they want to use social media as a channel for promoting their private practice, their response is more often than not ‘I don’t use social media’.Read More
Each day I do at least fifteen minutes of mindfulness to start off my day before I go downstairs to my laptop or in to the office. Why?Read More
What will private and NHS healthcare look like after Covid-19?Read More